Have you ever wished there was a way to include a video directly on your scrapbook page? Well now there is! Let me introduce you to QR codes. A QR code is somewhat similar to the barcode on a product in that it sends information when scanned. QR codes can be scanned with an app on most smart phones. When scanned, the code will take you to a specific text, URL, or contact information. In the case of scrapbooking with QR codes, the code will go to a specific URL. You can have the QR code go to any URL of your choosing. Most often my QR codes visit Youtube videos that I’ve uploaded. When I want to incorporate videos and additional photos, I have my QR codes go to blogposts instead.
The best part of this idea is that the entire process is free! With digital scrapbooking you can place the QR code directly on to your page while you are creating it. With paper scrapbooking you can print the QR code and attach it to your layout!
Here’s how I create my QR codes:
- First, upload your video to a sharing site. Make sure the URL can be accessed from mobile phones. Facebook, Youtube, and Shutterfly are easy sites to use! Copy the URL for your video, and save it for later. (I like to set my privacy settings to unlisted. That way only those who have the URL can access the video!)
- Visit GOQR.ME. Select the URL option. Paste your video’s URL code into the box.
- One really neat feature of this website is that you can customize the colors of your QR code. To do this select the Options button. On the left you can choose to change the “Background color” or the “Data Pixel Color.” I usually search for the hex color code of whichever color I’d like the pixels to be. Paste this code into the black box under “data pixel color.” Slide the arrow up and down to choose the intensity of the color.
- After you have the colors selected, choose the pixel size. I usually make mine 200pixels. On the right select download. It will save your QR code as .PNG image.
- Add your QR code to your digital scrapbook page, or print it to add to your paper scrapbook page.
- Now your videos are a part of your page and can be easily accessed!
Check out this video about using a scrapbook page with a QR code:
I hope you enjoy including videos on your scrapbook pages!